Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Of Wagons

I have been sparse here, and I apologise.

I want to talk about wagons. People talk about being on the wagon, or off the wagon. "I fell off the wagon."  Was it really a fall, or an accident?  Most behavior is intended. You chose to get off.  With fitness, I think, people don't actually chose to get off, they chose to NOT stay on.

And what is a wagon?  It has wheels, and a handle for someone to pull it around.  With fitness, and behavior, and decision making, do you let someone pull you around?  Or do you use your own legs and your own mind to decide what to do and where to go?  Kind of a bad euphamism, if you ask me.

So anyway, some could say I have been a little "off the wagon."  Or you could say taking an unintended break.  Or how about just maintaining while life gets in the way?

Since the half-marathon, I have really just been exercising one day a week.  Gooing to my Jagalates class because I paid for it.  So I have maintained a low level of fitness with  that and a small running base.  I have been drinking my daily Shakeology and eating OK, but not truly healthy.  My weight as stayed within 5 pounds fluctuating from when I ran my half.  Mostly, I have been eating girl scout cookies.  And not just the reccommended serving size.  My 6yo is selling them and they are in the garage.  So we just grab a box and open them. Those things are like crack, the carmel delights are my fave.  But my goal yesterday was no GS cookies and I made it.  So repeat that today.

So I am back in my game plan now.  I want to continue to slowly lose weight through the holidays, maintain the exercise habits of at least 4 days per week, getting up early to exercise, and get back to regular healthy eating.

I have started my Insanity challenge group, which helps me focus and set a good example for all you in the group.

So I will be running and doing Insanity through Christmas.

I am setting up a special Christmas challenge group, so send me a message if you are interested!

2 comments:

  1. I just read this today, makes me know that I'm not the only struggling with this problem. I hope things are much better with your goals. Thanks for all the great help you have been to me this past months.

    ReplyDelete