Wednesday, September 14, 2011

11 mile run...check!

Today I ran 11miles in preparation for the Waddell and Reed Kansas City Half Marathon.

With my husband traveling for work, and two kids at home, it is hard to fit in workouts. I love having the treadmill at home, and being able to do the Beachbody workout videos. But 11 miles on the treadmill isn't going to cut it. And doing my Insanity videos for 3 hours strait just isn't the same. Although I would love to go on a long run with Shaun T!

So I get to run during preschool. Which means I have 2.5 hours to get my run in if I leave directly from preschool.

Here is a confession: I am not fast. I am pretty much a slow-poke. Although I think I am getting decently faster as i lose weight, I will never be semi-fast. I DO consider myself to b A RUNNER. But if you happened to see me running, it would not look so much like running.

Training for this half will require some creative scheduling as my long runs increase. I ran this 11 mile run in straight up 2 hours and some seconds. That puts me right at 11 minute miles for training runs. That really makes me happy. My last (and only other) half I ran in 2:28. Which I was really Yay! About at the time. So I really want to bet that time, and secretly, beat 2:20. So, if "they" say you run up to 30 sec per mile faster during the race, I should meet that goal. I did run faster during my last half than my training runs, so hopefully that is true.

I ran today while it was raining and in the 50's. Not totally ideal, but better than the hot 75 degrees when I originally planned to run on Monday. I wore a hat, and a running jacket (nice cause I could put my gu's in my pocket), so it really kept the rain off of me. It was pretty chilly at the end, being damp and all....it only rained the first half though. Where is that Mylar space blanket when I need it?!

Feel free to say hi! This is my first running blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment