Thursday, September 29, 2011

Mostly great 12 mile run

My hubbie and I were able to juggle schedules, and I did my 12 mile run on Monday. It was a beautiful day, a bit warm for my tastes, but a strong wind which helped.

I felt really good... Kept it closed to a 10:30 pace for the first half. The second half, not as great. I really slowed down. I had decided to wear my thicker socks as practice for the half. I learned my lesson- no thick socks for the half. I could really feel a blister forming on one of my left toes. And the outside of my right knee was really tightening up. But I did finish 12 miles in 2:12, so just over an 11 minute pace. If I can maintain just a bit faster I can hopefully reach my goal of 2:20. I spent a lot of time stretching afterwards with my foam roller. I wasn't as sore after muscular wise. I did end up popping the blister under my toenail. I think it may fall off eventually.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment